CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Halloween Liturature Parade at School (10/31/08)

Instead of having a Halloween parade their school has a liturature parade. No witches, Goblins, anything scary and no masks. They also must bring the book to show what character they are. In the parade they carry around their book and a decorated pumpkin of their character if they wish. At first I was annoyed by this because it meant I had to dig out pieces of pirate costumes from their toy box to put something together for them because they are vampires this year and I didn't want them to go to school being nothing. Then I realized this is the only school I know of that lets them do anything remotely close to having Halloween fun...so I got over it and put something together.

Sonia...do you see yourself in the background? I had to put this picture of Cade walking in the parade because I asked my friend Sonia if she went to the school that day. She said she saw me but that I was in camera mode running thru the classrooms following the parade. When I was going through what pictures to use... low and behold...I saw Sonia sitting in the background. I got a good laugh from that.

I was volunteering in Cade's class today but I had to go back to Dylan's class after the parade to get a picture of him and his teacher Mrs. Neppl.


Cade's class. His teacher Mrs. Miller was Little Red Riding Hood. Can you find the Big Bad Wolf?



Cade and his classmate Dylan were both pirates. They were sitting on the floor watching the older kids walk thru during their parade. Classmate Dylan kept "high five-ing" all the pirates that came thru.




When I volunteer I don't usually bring Jack, but I figured since today was a fun day it would be okay to bring him. I didn't want him to miss out. Jack got a little taste of kindergarten. He LOVED the seesaw. He laughed the whole time. I was afraid he was going to go flying off at times since the other kids were so much bigger than him.





This is a picture of Cade's friend Kadie. He talks about her all the time. I was worried Cade would be too shy at school and that's not the case at all. On the first day of school when we came to pick him up he was holding McKenna's hand. That was a big surprise. Chad teased the poor boy so much we haven't seen him do that since. Now it's Kadie this and Kadie that. Her mom packs her little notes in her lunch that say I love you or have a nice day. She always gives them to Cade and he brings them home and puts them in his drawer. This is really a story for another blog but since I'm on the subject. Cade went on his first field trip to a farm. One of his best friends, Lily Doxey was there too. Lily and Cade are not in the same class though. A couple times Lily came over to talk to Cade and they sat by each other for lunch. Two of the times Kadie saw Cade with Lily she kept saying, "Caden Edgerton, Caden Edgerton, Caden Edgerton". Cade would look shy and Lily would just smile her smile. It was pretty funny.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I TOLD you that I was in the class and you walked right by me...you actually stood by me for a second...lol..you were in photographer mode. LOVE the pics.