CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Annual Edgerton Harper "Get Out of the Heat" Getaway (9/13/08)





Every year the Harper's and Edgerton's plan a trip to get out of the heat in September. Last year we went to Flagstaff, Arizona and the Grand Canyon. This year we went to San Diego, California. Gavin just loved crawling around the sand and water. By the end he had sand all over his face. I kept trying to get pictures of him and he kept crawling towards me as fast as he could trying to grab the camera with his wet, sandy hands.





Cade "The Body"...as Dad always calls him. He enjoyed playing in the surf with Jack and Lacey.





Jace and Gavin played the most on the sand. I don't have any pictures of Lacey because Steve threatend me not to put any pictures of him on my blog and all the pictures I had of Lacey...Steve was in the background. By the way Steve....I was so close to putting a picture of you as my top heading picture as a joke for the day. If it was April Fools...I would have.














Dylan absolutely loved the beach. A lot of my pictures came out soft this day but my pictures of Dylan were flat out blurry. He was constantly moving around in the waves having a blast. So I didn't get as many pics of him that came out as a result. He got braver and braver as the day went on. By the end of the day he was body surfing pretty far out letting the waves toss him around.








The kids had fun on the boat too. Here is a picture of Steve and Jack....of course I had to cut Steve out. Later Steve took the boat out himself and went surfing with it. It was entertainment for Amy, Chad and I. Some of those waves were pretty big and we got to witness Steve being tossed out of that boat like a rag doll. He even got some laughs from people watching nearby. I did see him nail a wave perfectly and ride it in.









The end of the day. I'm calling everyone in...time to go eat. We had a great time.










Before our trip to San Diego...the boys and I went to visit family in Monrovia, California while Chad was on a business trip. We stayed with Aunt Stacie and had a great time. Stacie took some time off work to spend with us. Papa came and took the boys out for breakfast and Stacie and I just hung out. It was nice to spend some time with her. Then we went out for Sushi. One of my favorite things to do when we visit. The boys actually liked it so I'll start bring them here in Arizona. I found out that Gavin loves tofu. He couldn't get enough of it. Then we went to Papa's and the boys got to play with their cousins James, Chasen, and Parker. We also spent time with Aunt Shelley and Aunt Starla and cousin Amber. Of course I forgot my camera at Stacie's....so no pics of Papa, Shelley, Starla or the cousins. Nana had the flu so we didn't get to spend much time with her or Grandpa Don. On our way out of town to San Diego we did meet them at the park to say hello. We couldn't come this far without a visit...it just didn't seem right.










3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the idea of a "Get out of the Heat Getaway." When everyone else is posting such cute fall pictures with their kids all bundled up, it just doesn't seem right to be in temperatures in the 90s still wearing capris and shorts! I love the pictures of Gavin playing in the sand! It looks like the boys all had a lot of fun. I'm glad you were able to get away!

Sharlet said...

What a fun trip! I love all your pictures too! You are brave to take your nice camera to the beach. With all the sand, I would only take our point and shoot and I was glad after, it got pretty sandy.

The Railsback's said...

So cute I love the ones of gavin with the sand in his mouth! He is getting so big, and hes dang cute too!